Blog Post #8: Suffering

  1. In what ways did the people you learned about during this unit suffer? What was their reaction to their suffering?
I learned a moral story form the Apostles Heal Many. Peter wants to separate his faith to the people, but the High priest is jealous about him, the High priest ordered his men to let Peter go into the jail. Peter is suffering in prison, but he is not complaining about anything because he believes his right faith. Peter Knows god will always be with him; Peter will not give up. After he released, he still keeps going to separate the religion and teach people how to be a good man. I learned we need always trust God and never give up easily.

2. Which story from the Acts of the Apostles did you find most inspiring and why?
The story from The Storm Acts 27:13-26 inspiring me a lot. It is the story describes a dangerous journey paul’s men made where they all almost lost faith. It wasn’t until an Angel arrived, telling them that God was protecting them and they would all survive. This story tested the faith of Paul and his men. I learned a lot from this story; we need always trust the faith which we believe, the true faith in our heart will lead us to the right road. God gives us so many difficulties. God wants us to grow up though the suffer and he will be with us. God provides us with the confidence and courage. He teaches us to be not afraid when we face the difficulties.
3. How have you experienced challenges in your own life and how have you dealt with them?
The toughest challenge for me is the first year in the United States. Everything is new to me. The people, the language, the environment. The hardest thing is language, if I don’t know how to speak English, it is hard for me to understand what is teacher talk about and I don’t know how to communicate with other people. I want to give up but my family and my best always support me, and I have my faith, I know God teaches me do not easily give up. Therefore, I choose to keep going and be a hard worker. Learn a little every day, and in time I will have learned a lot. Right now it is the third year in America, even though my English still not good, but I think I improved a lot compare my first year.
4. Who are people that you can turn to in times of need and why?
It depends on the situation, for example, when I in a new place, new school, I will need some help from the teachers. They can help me to know the school and my classmates. When I experience a hard time, my best friends and my family will always accompany with me, support me. When I feel sad, my friends will become a good listener to hear my story and comfort me. Still, share the happy things with each other and cheer each other when we were during a hard time. God is an excellent teacher and listens to me, he will know everything about me and teaches me a lot of moral lessons that make me be not confused, lead me to the right way.
I found a picture of Apostles of Paul because the most moral lesson we learned is from him.
Work Cited
“Mengs, Anton Raphael.” Pinterest, 8 Dec. 2015, www.pinterest.com/pin/376050637615821645/.


Comments