Blog Post #11: Bridge to Present (Notre Dame Community)

1.What did you find interesting about the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame? (If you were absent that day, please look over the slides on Schoology)
I learned the origin of Notre Dame High School. The history story of the sisters of Notre Dame impressive me a lot. St. Julie was born in a low-income family, and she was very religious that when she was only seven years old, she could memorize the catechism and understood it. Unfortunately, she lost the use of her legs. Sr. Francoise was a wealthy aristocrat’s daughter, she came to visit St. Julie because they both had the same faith, they became sisters. Julie and Francoise faced a lot of challenges; they almost lost their lives. Because of their holy faith, to lead them to pass through all the difficulties, god leads them to profess vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience as Sisters of Notre Dame. The story of them impact me a lot, I realized how great of my school’s history and I want to learn something from them that do not easily give up always trust our faith and be a great person.


2.What is something that you heard from the Alumnae Panel that stuck with you and why?
During the Alumnae Panel, there were five and sisters in our classroom to talk about their experience in Notre Dame and answer our question. Their ages are different, but the school rules and the school facilities have been changing every year. There are a lot of difference between now and before. The things I heard a lot is no matter how many years passed, the aquacades always is the symbol of our school, and the sister of Notre Dame says during their school time, there's nobody miss aquacades, everyone like to join it just like this is a part of their mission. They all said high school time is the happiest time to them, and they still have a lot of close friends that come from high school time. The story that I heard from the Alumnae Panel inspired me a lot. I realized should cherish the time during the high school, be a hard worker and try to choose the things what I want to do.
3.What does it mean to you to be a part of the Notre Dame Community?
To be a part of the Notre Dame Community, I am proud of that be one of the Notre Dame students.  As the student, I should follow the school’s rule, always be a good model at school. Around our sister community, I should be a tolerant person, try to always forgives other’s mistakes and always help each other, learn from each other. It is the different experience for me to be a part of Notre Dame Community. The community encourages all students to prove women’s ability. We always support each other and accompany others to spend most beautiful time together.

4.When you leave Notre Dame High School, what do you think are some values that will stay with you?
When I left Notre Dame School, I will remember all the unforgettable time with my classmates. As an international student, it is the rare opportunity to me. Although study abroad is hard to me, I got the chance to meet new people from all over the words, and also I got to know my best friends here. To study at all-girls high school, it is exceptional and comfortable to me. Sometimes the knowledge from the textbook, we will easy to forget them, but the life lesson we learned from the teacher, from the school is hard to ignore. No matter where we are in the future, I will always remember the things I learned from this school and tells the exciting story to my friends.
The reason why I choose this image because in the sister community, we can find our best friends, this is important to each other us, friends can always accompany and be with you.
Work Cited 
“Best Friends - Sister Wall Art - Sisters Digital Art Print - Sisters - Tween Sister Friend Wall Art -- Print.” Etsy, www.etsy.com/listing/202530953/best-friends-sister-wall-art-sisters.

Comments